looked at different recipes and made my own style!
serving size : 1
- 3 medium-sized bell peppers
- 1/2 cup quinoa, un-cooked
- 1 tbso olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (540 ml) black beans, drained and rinse
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp mild salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups shredded mexican-blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Start by preparing the peppers. Slice the top off each pepper about 1″ from the stem end, then remove any seeds or ribs left inside. Then slice peppers in half. Arrange cut side up in a baking dish, and set aside.
- Next, make the filling. In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5-7 minutes or until soft. Stir in beans and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- In a separate pot, cook quinoa as directed on the packaging.
- Spoon the cooked quinoa and the bean mixture onto the peppers; not heaping too big of a pile.. Add salsa and cilantro to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle the tops with cheese and continue baking for 5 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve right away.