- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Streusal topping
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons very soft butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until fluffy and then add the pumpkin and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and then add them to the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl combine the oats, sugar and cinnamon. Cut the butter in with a pastry cutter or forks (or fingers!) until the streusal is a nice crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle the streusal generously over the top of the bread batter.
- Bake the bread at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Let it cool completely before turning it out and slicing it.
found on: heatherchristo.com