perfect combination of some of my favorite ingredients! I was able to fill 3 peppers with this serving size, so double it up if you plan to make more peppers.
1 cup brown rice (cooked – follow directions on packaging)
3 peppers (red, orange, yellow)
1 lb uncooked chicken tenders
1 package McCormick’s spice Taco Seasoning mix
3/4 cups water
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup shredded Mexican Blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Set aside a muffin pan.
2. Cut tops off of peppers, clean out the inside of the seeds. Sprinkle a little cheese in the bottom of the peppers and place right-side up in muffin pan.
3. Pour water into medium-sized frying pan and set stove to medium heat. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and place into water. Turn over pieces after 5 minutes until they are no longer red.
4. Pour half bag of Taco Seasoning spice into the water and stir. Continue to cook chicken for an additional 8 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Then remove from heat.
5. Time to stuff the peppers. Spoon in some rice, and then some (uncooked) onion, followed by chicken. Repeat process until pepper is filled to the top. Then top off with more shredded cheese.
6. Place muffin pan with stuffed peppers in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cheese is all melted and peppers are softened.
7. Serve with chips and salsa on the side.