- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced thinly
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ mozzarella ball, grated
- 3 cups kale, chopped in ribbons
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- pizza dough (I made my own using this recipe pizza dough )
- Preheat the oven to 450F or it’s highest setting. If you have a pizza stone, let it heat in the oven as you prepare the rest of the pizza. Fresh dough should be pre-baked before you add the toppings, so toss it in for 5-10 minutes or until the crust is slightly baked, but not crispy or browned.
- Toss the sweet potato, red onion and olive oil with as much salt and pepper as you like, then stir-fry on medium heat for about 7-10 minutes until the sweet potato is tender and slightly browned in places.
- Sprinkle the pizza crust with most of the grated mozzarella, holding some back. Top with the sweet potato and onion, spreading it out right to the edges before adding the remainder of the cheese.
- Toss the kale with balsamic vinegar, massaging it with your hands so the leaves soften. Add it on top of the sweet potato and drizzle the rest of the balsamic over everything. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the kale is crispy and the cheese starts to bubble and brown.
found on: ourfreshkitchen