butternut squash puree — (see recipe below)
1 box linguini
1 bag baby spinach leaves
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1. Begin making butternut squash puree. Once you have removed the butternut squash from the oven and it is cooling. Set one pot of water, on medium heat, to a boil and cook linguini as directed on box. In another pan, sauté chopped onion and spinach leaves, until spinach leaves begin to wilt.
2. Once butternut squash puree is made, combine with linguini in a large bowl. Toss in cooked spinach and onions.
found on: twopeasandtheirpod.com
recipe for creamy butternut squash
1 Butternut Squash, medium size
vegetable oil or oil spray
salt and pepper
1/4cup vegetable broth
1) Preheat oven to 400 F; spray baking sheet with vegetable oil and set aside.
2) Cut the squash in 2 halves, scrape out the seeds and the fiber out of each half.
3) Place the squash on the baking sheet cut side down.
4) Bake for about 30 minutes, remove it from the oven and let it cool. (Flipping the halves over will speed up the cooling)
5) Once squash is cooled, peel it. The skin will come off easily.
6)Place butternut squash and vegetable broth in food processor (or blender), working in batches, if necessary, and process it until very smooth and almost creamy. Season with salt and pepper.