- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup ( whole wheat flour or whole spelt flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8″x8″ pan with parchment paper or spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla, sugar, and apple sauce.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder (sifted if lumpy!), baking soda and salt. Make sure there are no clumps before going on to the next step.
- Add the dry mix to the wet, gently stir until combined. Be sure not to over mix!
- Then fold in the zucchini and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan and even the surface with a spatula.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes (14 minutes for the half batch) or until a toothpick inserted in the middle doesn’t come out gooey. It might still be sticky – just not have raw batter on it.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to one week in the refrigerator. I recommend storing them in the refrigerator right from the beginning due to their high moisture content.
found on texanerin.com