– 2 tbsp vegetable oil
– 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 6 oz (170 grams) chow mein noodles
– 1 carrot, cut into thin strips (julienned)
– 1 can baby corn
– 1 zucchini, cut into thin strips
– 1 cup broccoli
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 4 scallions, cut into thin strips
– 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
– 1 tbsp sesame
For the sauce
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
– 1 tbsp brown sugar
– ½ tsp kosher salt
1. Bring a pot of water to boil (for the noodles).
2. In a small mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the sauce and stir until sugar has melted; set aside.
3. In a large pan (or wok) over high heat, add vegetable oil, garlic and cook for one minute.
4. Add all the vegetables and cook for 7-10 minutes, until tender but still a little crunchy.
5. Boil, drain and rinse the noodles over cold water
6. Add noodles to the pan, lower the heat to medium and cook for a minute.
7. Add sauce, sesame seeds and stir well until all the noodles are coated.
8. Turn the off the heat, drizzle sesame oil and serve immediately.
found on: pickledplum.com