- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit with a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Prepare store-bought pizza dough as instructed on the package, or home-made dough (allow 1 1/2 hrs for dough to rise)
- Make the pesto; set aside.
- When ready to bake, roll the dough out as thin as possible while maintaining an even surface level (bake on round pizza stone, or baking sheet)
- Top pizza(s) with an even layer of pesto. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Lastly, in a small bowl, toss 1 cup chopped kale with 1 teaspoon olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Rub the oil into the kale so it’s covered with a light, even layer. Distribute the kale evenly over the top of the pizza.
- Transfer pizza to the oven, bake until the crust is golden and the cheese on top is bubbly (about 10 to 12 minutes on a baking sheet, or as few as 5 minutes on a baking stone). If desired, top pizza with a light sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Slice and serve.
recipe (and picture) from: cookiesandkate.com