- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- olive oil, spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 bunch spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Coat a pie pan with butter and set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice thinly. Lay potato slices out in pie dish in a crust-like fashion, spray with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are slightly soft. Remove from the oven and reduce temperature to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the tablespoon of butter. Once melted, add the shallot and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, kale and spinach, tossing until greens are wilted and tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Then stir in the cheese.
- Combine the spinach mixture with the egg. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the combined mixtures into the crust. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
- In a 375 degree oven, bake until the quiche is firm and the cheese has browned, about 40 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
adapted from oakhurstkitchen.com