- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup dry Israeli (pearl) couscous, cooked in water according to package instructions
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-2 tablespoons vinaigrette salad dressing
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss cubed butternut squash with olive oil. Sprinkle with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper, and toss until combined.
- Spread the butternut squash out in an even layer on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip the squash for even cooking. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the squash is tender and slightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven and transfer back to the large mixing bowl.
- Add couscous, kale, cranberries, walnuts,and vinaigrette dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
adapted from: gimeesomeoven.com