⅔ cup brown sugar, divided
½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
⅓ cup white sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
¼ cup applesauce
2 eggs, well beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
⅓ cup milk
1 large or 2 small apples, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8×4 loaf pan
2. Combine ⅓ cup of the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
3. With mixer on medium, cream white sugar, remaining brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Mix in applesauce (if using), beaten eggs and vanilla.
4. Stir together flour and baking powder. Add flour to egg mixture along with milk and stir just until combined. Do not overmix!!
5. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Sprinkle with ½ of the apples and ½ of the cinnamon mixture.
6. Stir the remaining apples into the remaining batter and pour into the pan. Top with remaining cinnamon mixture.
7. Bake approx. 40 minutes. Brush topping with melted butter. Continue baking an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
found on: spendwithpennies.com