- 1/2 head cauliflower, (to make about 2 cups processed cauliflower)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 1/2 c. shredded white Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400 F; prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Using a grater, rice the cauliflower, discarding the stems.
- In a medium bowl, combine riced cauliflower, egg and oregano. Mix until evenly combined then season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the cauliflower mixture into small patties onto the parchment paper. (These are your “bread” slices.) Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Flip and cook for additional 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven, though do not turn the oven off.
- Top one cauliflower slice with cheese then place the other cauliflower slice on top. Place back into oven for additional 2-3 minutes for cheese to melt.
*as seen in picture I added kale to my sandwich